6 Ways to Help Employees with Their New Years Fitness Objectives
As a human resource generalist or wellness consultant, it's important to support employees in their efforts to achieve their fitness goals. Here are some tips to help you do just that.
- Encourage participation in company wellness programs: Many companies offer wellness programs that encourage healthy lifestyle habits such as exercise, healthy eating (like Bunny James boxes), and stress management. Encourage employees to participate in these programs and help promote their benefits.
- Provide resources and incentives: Offer employees resources such as gym memberships, fitness classes, or wellness coaching. Consider offering incentives for meeting fitness goals, such as paid time off or gift cards.
- Create a supportive environment: Encourage a supportive and healthy work environment by promoting healthy habits and behaviors, such as encouraging healthy snacks in the break room and providing opportunities for physical activity during work hours.
- Lead by example: Encourage a healthy work culture by modeling healthy habits yourself. Take the stairs instead of the elevator, go for a walk during lunch breaks, and participate in company wellness programs.
- Provide flexibility: Allow employees the flexibility to incorporate physical activity into their work schedule. For example, allow them to take breaks for stretching or exercise, or allow them to work from home to fit in a workout.
- Celebrate success: Celebrate and recognize employees who have met their fitness goals. This can be through a company-wide announcement, a public display of their achievements, or a small celebration with their coworkers.