3 Things You Must Know Before Gifting Your Clients 🎁😲💰
How to turn business relationships into friendships.
Gifting is the #1 way to retain clients, turn leads to sales, and build deep lasting customer relationships. Buying gifts for your clients, customers, or business peeps can be difficult. How do you actually know what they want?
Here are a few tips about getting gifting.
- Anything is better than nothing – Getting someone a gift shows them you care. Whether it is $2 or $1000, the act of giving touches us. Knowing that someone spent an extra minute to think about you goes a long way. Don’t be so hard on yourself, whatever you get is better than nothing. The simple fact that you are reading this shows you care more than most about your business relationships.
- Does your gift make sense? A personal trainer should not get their client flaming hot Cheetos, right? That is an extreme example but clearly makes the point. How much time have you actually thought about the gift you're about to purchase? 1 minute, 5 minutes, 1 hour, days? We believe you can find them the perfect gift within 10 minutes. If you ask yourself the 3 simple questions below, we promise the brilliant gift will come to you.
- What have they mentioned to you?
- What is important to them?
- Would they show it off to a loved one?
Great Gift Examples
If they have mentioned a fishing trip, order them a Lure off Amazon. If they have mentioned Yoga, get them an item from LuluLemon. If they are foodies, a gift card to your favorite taco spot. If they travel, and need on-the-go snacks! Take a few minutes and think about your previous conversations and ask yourself, “What have they mentioned to me”. If you link your gift to conversations that have been had with them, you will never fail. They will also realize and appreciate that you actively listen.
- Don’t make a big deal out of it – Give your client the gift at the end of your session or meeting like it’s a normal thing to do. Don’t make them feel like they owe you. You did this out of the kindness of your heart, so act like it. If it is natural and light without pressure, they will receive it better. The worst part about getting gifts is that you feel like a reaction is required. We all enjoy a gift when the pressure to overreact about it is removed. Don’t overdue the delivery, this is just another nice thing that you are doing because you care about your client.
Here are 8 gift recommendations for all professions to help you if you are drawing a blank.