3 Easy Keto Snacks Your Kids Will Love! 😍🍗🌭🥦
There seems to be some controversy about kids and the Keto diet?!
The Keto diet (done correctly) has been linked to increased brain & general health in people of all ages. Fun fact, the Keto diet has been used on children with epilepsy for decades to decrease amount of seizures and the progression of the brain disease.
Children are more sensitive to insulin than adults and their bodies process sugars and carbs more efficiently. This means that their style of the Keto diet can be less strict than adults.
It is recommended to introduce the Keto diet to your children slowly and gradually increase the strictness of the diet over time.
They may experience increased brain function in as little as 2 weeks!
Here are 5 easy peasy snacks for you and your kids!
Keto Pigs In a Blanket
4 medium hot dogs
1/2 cup Shredded mozzarella cheese
3/4 cup Almond Flour
1 large Egg
1/4 tsp Baking powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp Pink Salt
1/2 tsp Sesame Seeds
1. Cut each hot dog into 3 equal sized pieces and set aside.
2. Melt mozzarella in microwave and add almond flour and egg. Combine well.
3. Add baking powder, garlic and salt. Combine well.
4. Form dough in hands and split into 12 equal sized pieces and roll into dough.
5. Place dough balls onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Press each ball into oval shape.
6. Place each hot dog piece into the dough and wrap like a blanket.
7. Sprinkle with sesame seeds (press down so they stick to dough).
8. Place pigs in 350 degree oven for 17-20 minutes.
Recipe from: https://www.ketoconnect.net/keto-pigs-in-a-blanket/
Crispy Cheesy Cauliflower Chips
3 cups shredded raw cauliflower
1 cup old cheddar
1 large egg
1/4 cup cornmeal
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
1. Butter a mini muffin tin and preheat the oven to 205C / 400F.
2. Shred the cauliflower using a food processor or a grater. This step is a bit messy if you’re doing it by hand, but since the kids are helping in the kitchen, there's probably already a mess.
3. Once the cauliflower is shredded, place into a CLEAN dishtowel and squeeze out the excess water.
4. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well using a fork.
5. Scoop out mixture using a small scoop or a tablespoon-sized measuring spoon and press into the muffin cups.
6. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until they begin to golden. Eat them warm.
Recipe from: http://www.yummymummyclub.ca/blogs/katja-wulfers-around-the-table/20150309/cauliflower-cheese-recipes
Keto Chicken Tenders
8 ounces chicken breast tenderloins
1 cup almond flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
¼ cup heavy whipping cream
1 large egg
1. Prepare fryer per manufacturer instructions. We used peanut oil with a temperature of 375º for 6 minutes. Times will vary due to chicken tender sizes. or Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until they begin to golden.
2. For the coating - whisk egg and cream in a large bowl.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Add chicken and let sit for about 10 minutes.
5. Add almond flour to a shallow dish or pan, season with salt & pepper.
6. Coat both sides of chicken with flour.
Note: Fry in small batches until golden brown and internal temperature reaches 160º.
Dip in your favorite keto friendly sauce.